Monday, October 24, 2011

My first post on my brand new blog!

Hello world!!!


If you are here at this point you are probably a friend of mine who got an email about my brand new blog or extremely bored! Either way, welcome and I am happy to have you. I have tried to have a few different blogs in the past but nothing has been quite the right fit for what I wanted to accomplish....so what is the solution?

THAT'S RIGHT! Martha in cowboy boots!!! My big problem in the past has been a guilty feeling that I should have a family blog or something along those lines that isn't just mine, but a collabaration of the Gauthiers' lives together. BUT that's all over, this is my new, selfish, just for me blog where I can do whatever I want! What will that be you ask? Why will this be different from the failed past attempts you wonder? Because I have tons of great ideas about all the different kinds of things I want to share.

For those who know me, I LOVE all things surrounding home and being girly: baking, clothing, crafting, painting, photography, makeup, jewelry, furniture refinishing, eating out, PINTEREST!!!, graphic design, home decorating, home improvement projects, saving money, coupons, music and SOOOOO much more! I am also a stay at home mom to a VERY BUSY two year old who is ALL BOY! Because I possess said job, I have a little knowledge on the subjects of boys, babies and all the many facets that these things entail! So, I will share (NOT PREACH) my knowledge. As a parent, I know how frustrating unwarranted advice is but I also know how helpful it can be too so I will share without the intention of anyone ever following any of my advice! As I said before, this is MY blog (can you tell I am an only child??) but I will still share bits and pieces of my family as well because they are after all my inspiration, reason for being, source of and solution to my craziness, and the only reason that being a stay at home wife and mom makes any sense.

I also have a business that I am working to get off the ground. It is called Goose Gooses Couture, you can visit me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/goosegoosecouture. I am in the process of working on an Etsy shop which will also be featured on this blog. I love my business and it has been a great source for a little extra money and a way to express my creativity without having that creativity completely take over our home! I greatly appreciate my customers and would love to be able to call you a customer if you aren't already! Please visit if you haven't already and "like" me! (how very Sally Fields huh? they like me, they really like me!)

Anywho, it is nap time in this household so I won't keep you. Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to a happy and successful blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment